Monday, June 9, 2008

Adult Proof Packaging

I know you know what packaging I'm talking about....it's the thick, plastic kind that you can't just tear open. If I'm not mistaken, there are little invisible bolts that secure the package so that you cannot open the item easily without a sharp (I emphasize SHARP) pair of scissors. It is a MAJOR production to simply pry open the package.

After finally cutting through the plastic, be aware of the extremely dangerous packaging that you have now exposed yourself to. There really should be a warning label telling the brave soul that is attempting to open the item that "Bleeding and severe pain and anguish may occur". I have suffered several cuts at the hands of this type of packaging and I have the scars to prove it. I get the child proof containers but there is truly NO reason why any adult should have to struggle so much simply to open a pack of batteries, or a kitchen utensil, or a golf glove or whatever item it is that you have purchased. (Tools typically seem to be in this type of package).

Paper cuts have FINALLY met their match!!! I'm really not sure who designed this "adult proof" packaging but I have a feeling it might be a young genius out there that wanted to get back at the designer of the "child proof" packaging.

I wonder if I could do a google search??? Oh, what am I thinking...that search will have to wait until I get the tourniquet off of my bloody (and I don't mean it in the British sense of the term bloody) fingers. Do you feel my pain????

2 comments:

Kat said...

You failed to mention what you bought.... anything fun??

cautious1 said...

I bought a pocket knife (ironic, hey??). I thought it would come in handy when we were in Door County.