Saturday, February 23, 2008

Is it spring yet????

Ughhhhhh! I just got in from trying to chip away the ice on my driveway, which by the way could double at the present time as an ice skating rink. After nearly wiping out 5 or 6 times, I decided I better take action before I end up flat on my back with no one to rescue me. I've seen enough of the white stuff and have braved the below zero temperatures long enough this winter - can we get a break one of these days????? I've lived in the balmy state of Wisconsin my ENTIRE life - you'd think that I would be used to this by now except for the fact that this has been the snowiest winter that I've seen in a very long time. I'm not a skier or a snow shoe-er or a snow mobiler so the white powdery substance does nothing for me. If I was an Eskimo or a polar bear perhaps I would have a different outlook on the weather, but I'm not. Every winter I threaten to move to somewhere warm and sunny but I never take action. As I see it, I will probably be a Cheesehead my entire life (although I have seriously considered a move to Portland, OR. For those of you that have never visited Portland, it's a really great place! The people are really low key which I love since I myself prefer to be low key, comfortable and REAL!)
There, I got that out of my system. I typically don't like to complain about the weather because after all, I have made a conscious decision to live in the Midwest and I know what that entails. Tomorrow I will be back to chipping away at the rest of my driveway before the next round of snow comes. I guess that's what makes the arrival of spring such a highly anticipated occurrence.

1 comments:

Kat said...

Are you prepared for the 5-8 inches tonight??