Friday, March 21, 2008

Second Day of Spring

Yesterday, March 20th, was the very first day of spring. Many people in the state of Wisconsin (as well as most of the Midwest) were looking forward to this day because of the long, snow filled winter we have had. This year our snowfall total is one of the highest in our history. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because we have lucked out in the last few years with very mild temperatures and only minor snowfall accumulations.

The last thing I needed on the 1st day of my "SPRING" break was to have to literally shovel myself out of my house. What is that all about????? I just came in from sweating my head off attempting (I say attempting because the snow is the heavy, "great for snowball fight" snow) to snow blow my driveway. Let's just say that things didn't go so well. I felt as if I was in a wrestling match with my snow blower as I tried to remove the 10 or so inches of wet, heavy snow. I am sooooooo done with the cold temperatures and the fluffy white stuff.

When is the first official day of summer???? I'm afraid to ask - at this rate I still may have my snow shovel and my snow blower on standby!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Kat said...

I will be the correcter and say we actually got 15' of snow bringing our total to almost 100 inches girlfriend. Yikes!