Sunday, July 13, 2008

Francisco

His name is Francisco, he lives in Brazil and he is 10 years old. Who, might you ask, is this boy from Brazil???? He is my new "friend" that I met through Compassion International (thanks to Amy B and her inspirational blog! If you have never heard of it, I encourage you to check it out on the web @ http://www.compassion.com/ ). I am so excited to start corresponding with Francisco. I received my package of information from Compassion International in the mail the other day and couldn't wait to open it! In it was a photo of Francisco with a little bio on him. Along with that, was the necessary information that I needed regarding my sponsorship of Francisco (I wonder if he would mind me calling him Frankie???? Just a random thought...............).

I CANNOT wait to send him my first letter. I have it written out but I need to find a picture of myself, which I am having a bit of trouble finding. That may sound a little strange, but all of my pictures are with people (it's been a while since I've had my pictures taken at "Glamour Shots" - yeah, right! Juuuuuuuuust kidding. Anyone that knows me, knows that I would get hives if I went within 5 miles of one of those places. No offense to anyone that works there or has gone there to get photos taken. The results truly are "glamorous" from what I have seen. It takes me a year to go through a tube of mascara so that just shows you how "Glamorous" I am). As soon as I locate a picture, I will be heading to my nearest post office to mail my letter. After my post office run, I will be making my way to the store to get a frame for Francisco!

If any of you have been following my posts with the slightest bit of regularity, you'll know of my recent struggles with my inability to sleep at night and my restlessness over where God really wants me to be. Suffice it to say, I've slept like a baby since "meeting" Francisco. Coincidence??????? I think NOT!

God is good!







3 comments:

Amy L Brooke said...

Been meaning to respond to this all week.

Any picture will work -- even with other people in it. My kiddos get pictures of the cats, pictures of snow, pictures of all sorts of things. Yes, I am occassionally on the other side of the camera and they get a picture of me!

Kat said...

Yeah! You should have asked me to take a picture, we could have had a photo shoot at your house...or wait I have never been there. ha ha ha

cautious1 said...

Nice, Irish Kat! Maybe one of these years you'll get the privilege of actually stepping foot in mi casa! :)