Sunday, July 6, 2008

To Blog or Not To Blog

I'm in a state of flux as to whether or not I should blog. On one hand, I feel the need to get my thoughts out. On the other hand, I'm feeling a bit unsure as to whether or not I REALLY want the blogging world to know what I'm presently thinking. I'm not so sure that I can write something that would make any sense to anyone else (I'm typically not one to set my "business" out there.....). I'm the one that simply likes to take in what others are saying as opposed to always getting my two cents into every conversation. I prefer to be the sponge, soaking it all in but not letting my own stuff out (thus the reason for "Cautious 1" in case you were wondering....I thought that title might be a dead give away but perhaps some of you didn't pick up on that). Anyway, where am I really going with this????

I've been in a rather reflective mood as of late....I would have to say it started on Thursday night. I'm in one of those moods where I want to just sit and talk for hours with my BFF to "let it all out". Let what all out, you ask???? Refer back to my opening line. You see, I'm really not sure what I want to say but I have a lot to say. It's one of those times where once I get going, I may never stop. Do you see the quandry that I'm in?? Some of you are probably thinking, "Get to the point!". My point is, is there really a definitve point that I'm trying to get to?????

Needless to say, I have a lot on my mind but I'm not sure where to begin. I'm in one of those "DEEP" moods, where I begin to get a bit philosophical. What's my true purpose here on earth?? That has been a recurring thought that I can't seem to get out of my head. Am I really where God wants me to be??? I have been extremely restless at night because I have been thinking so intently about this. The other night I was up for at least two hours after I turned out the lights and laid my head on my pillow, tossing and turning.

Other random thoughts that are running through my head are: Why is there so much anger and hatred in this world???? Why are so many people getting shot and killed?? Who can we trust these days?? Is anyone safe anymore?? Why are there so many natural disasters occurring (floods, fires, earthquakes, etc.)?? What will our future look like??? Do people still operate with a moral compass??? Have we gotten to the point in this world where anything goes, regardless of the impact it has on others???? Do we care what others think?????

I could go on and on and on. Sometimes the things "of this world" really, really frustrate me and it makes me think that things are so bleak. Thankfully I know that life here on earth is temporary and that life in heaven will be completely different. There will be no more pain and suffering, evil, hatred, fighting, unrest........God gives us the hope of eternal life. Amen!

John 14:6
" I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his One and Only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

To blog or not to blog, that is the question???