Monday, July 7, 2008

Psalm 139:23

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."

This Scripture totally jumped out at me today and pretty much sums up where I have been emotionally. I spent another sleep less night last night, unable to get my mind to just settle down so that I could drift off to sleep.

I'm not really sure what is going on right now. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I am in a very restless place. Why, I don't really know. I'm not under any stress due to the fact that I am on summer vacation (Thank God for that!). There hasn't been any major, life-changing events that have occurred recently so I'm really at a loss where these feelings of anxiousness and unrest are originating from. I am extremely perplexed at where I am right at this very moment in time. Patience is not a strong suit of mine so waiting around for some sort of answer or epiphany for why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling is very difficult for me.

I will continue to pray and wait as I work through this uncertain time............I know that we are operating on God's watch, not my own Timex so I will simply have to continue to wait and wait and wait and try to find time to squeeze in a nap to make up for my lost sleep. I would really love it if He could shoot me an e-mail or comment on my blog so that I would have some sort of idea of what is up.

Wouldn't that be nice????????????

3 comments:

Amy L Brooke said...

That is so cool that you are sponsoring a child! What is his name?

You never know where God will lead but I'm so glad God prompted you to sponsor.

Let me know when you have details up about your trip. I'd love to pray for you!

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for the encouragement about the parable. It was one of those things that stuck in my mind, but I was unsure about it when I posted it.

Hope you are having a good day.

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for responding to my question. :-) That was cool.

It is just something I have to figure out.

I guess I hadn't clued into the fact that you are single as well. It is difficult at times, isn't it -- particularly the alone piece. People often think it sounds wonderful to have all your own space, etc. But I so wish for someone each day to debrief with or just pick up and go for a walk with.

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad your info about your boy came. Very cool.