Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All Good Things......

All good things must come to an end. Every year at this point in summer, the feeling of dismay sets in. Where did the summer go??? How can it be August 19th already??? Didn't I just finish the 2007-08 school year??? What have I spent the last 10 weeks doing????

As I reflect back over the months, week by week, I have been busy yet have managed to find time to rest and relax. It's very easy to get caught up in the busyness of all that summer has to offer.....vacations, Summerfest, ethnic festivals, Brewer games, biking, golfing, going to the beach, concerts in the park, spending time with family and friends, reading, etc..........

What have I done?? Where have I been??? Where has the time gone????

- a week spent in Door County with my family which included: golfing, biking, hiking through Peninsula State Park, shopping, playing with my nephews, reading

- 10 days spent in Guatemala with a short-term mission team from my church: what an incredible, life-changing, memorable, indescribable opportunity of a life-time!

- a weekend spent with my college friends in a condo at Lake Delton (it was surreal to see green grass and dirt where the lake once was!). We spent the time catching up, sharing photos of recent travels, looking at the most recent pics of everyone's kids, canoeing on the Wisconsin River and relaxing

- 4 days spent hanging out with my friend from Pennsylvania and her whole family: cooking out, going to the state fair, talking about "old" times, laughing

- the remaining time was spent enjoying the company of friends over a cup of coffee, lunch or dinner, working outside, reading (surprisingly not as much as I normally do), staying up late every night to watch the Olympics, blogging, doing sudoku (I think I'm addicted to it), going to a few Brewer games and doing my best to avoid the infamous "Favre" drama that captured the football world (ughhhhhhhhh - can we PLEASE move on?????).

All good things must come to an end. Hope you had a great summer!

2 comments:

Kat said...

The alarm caused physical pain the other morning. I do not look forward to hearing it five days in a row!

Lelia Chealey said...

Hello!
You visited me at the beginning of the month & I came to visit and got caught up in reading about Guatamala then got disrupted by the family. :)
I loved this post and thought of this the other day...where has the summer gone?
Sounds like you had a great summer!