Wednesday, August 6, 2008

N.F.L. : No FAVRE League

I have been a sports fan my ENTIRE life. I have grown up watching and supporting every single professional sports team from the state of Wisconsin: the Milwaukee Bucks, the Milwaukee Brewers and probably a team that alot of you have NEVER heard of, the GREEN BAY PACKERS! (can you detect the sarcasm from me when I mention that last one?).

I am so sick and tired of hearing about what is going to happen with Brett Favre! The world does NOT revolve around one Brett Lorenzo Favre, contrary to what the "Packer faithful" may think. Everyone in "Titletown" has been in an uproar since there were rumblings about Brett wanting to return to football. Will he stay retired, will he get traded, will the Packers pay him $25 million (yeah, that's right, we're going to pay someone $25 million to sit at home and ride on his John Deere tractor - which of course is just one of the many products that he endorses).

This whole situation has been absolutely ludicrous! For those of you out in blog land that don't know me, I was a die hard sports fan (I think I had a megaphone and a copy of the latest sports page in my hand when I came out of the womb). That has changed considerably since the salaries of professional athletes (who may I remind you do nothing on the field or the court or the diamond for the greater good of this world!) sky rocketed to exorbiant amounts of money. Wait a minute, let me step away from my soapbox before I get going on another major rampage about the salaries of professional athletes.......

It was a blessing in so many ways to be away from the U.S. for 10 days so that I could devote time and energy to things that REALLY matter in the world - not to listening to the latest update on what Brett was or wasn't going to do. I don't think I will be going outside to burn my #4 jersey (yet) but enough is enough. Who really cares at this point????

Oh, to think what the world would be like if everyone showed as much interest and enthusiasm for our Creator as they have shown in a gun-slingin' country boy from Mississippi who just happens to play quarterback in the National Football League.

What a wonderful place this would be!!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I am actually glad he is gone - sorry yellow wig girl!! It is time for a change :)

John Daniel said...

WOW! I didnt know you had that in you. I am sitting on my couch watchin my cowboys get smashed by the chargers = ( bummer!!!