Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hands Free

I think I've seen it all now when it comes to multi-tasking....I was on my way to work this past week and was next to a car driven by a lady who was smoking a cigarette and talking on the phone. Not that big of a deal, right??? I personally am not a smoker, but I don't imagine that it's that big of a deal to smoke and talk on the phone while driving. Am I right??

I could not believe my eyes when she reached for her coffee cup and took a big gulp. Let's think about this for a second....we have only 2 hands. One hand was clutching the phone and the other hand was wrapped around the coffee mug....who's got the steering wheel???? No one! Absolutely no one was steering the vehicle for the short amount of time that it took Miss "I can do 4 things at once" to take a swig of her early morning cup o' joe!!! Are you kidding me??? I nearly careened into the concrete barrier on the shoulder of the interstate when I glanced over at her talking on the phone and drinking her coffee all the while managing to keep her cigarette lit!!!! Come on people! Should we even WONDER why there are as many car accidents on the road, especially in the midst of early morning rush hour traffic. Get serious folks. The phone call is not that important. If it is, maybe you should have made the call before getting in your car. Drivers beware - people like this lady really do exist who are coming to a freeway near you.

This gives new meaning to HANDS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.......

4 comments:

John Daniel said...

LOL i feel ya but its the famous driving with one foot on the wheel, cruise control and typing on the lap top. thats why Cali made it illegal to drive and talk on the phone lol. Hands free phones only now lol. sorry i havnt gotten back to you!! my bad! how r u?

Kat said...

Um, yeah. I am quite guilty of this all the time. It was even worse when the boys were young and would drop something in the back seat. Another reason to avoid me on the road! ha ha

Milla said...

atleast she wasn't reading the paper as well, like the lorry drivers do over here, and clever her for hiding her sandwich from your beady eyes.
(Came via black box)

Lena said...

well, yes, some people just dont have a sense of responsibility when it comes to themselves. I bet if someone else were on her place she would have made a big fuss out of this.

PS: came via black box too :)