Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jesus Loves you and So Do I

My very first letter arrived yesterday from Francisco (a.k.a. "Frankie")! I cannot tell you how excited I was to receive correspondence from him. I couldn't open the letter fast enough to see what my new "friend" from Brazil had to say. In Francisco's letter, he told me where specifically in Brazil he lives as well as more detailed information about himself (i.e., the names of his family members, the names of his best friends, and a few of his favorite things). One of my favorite parts of the letter was the picture that he drew for me of a house alongside a big tree.

Also included in the letter was a Bible verse (Psalm 100:5 "For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."). The Lord is so good for bringing Francisco into my life! I feel blessed that I have had the chance to sponsor Francisco and to be a small part of his walk with the Lord. The best part of Francisco's letter was under the section that was entitled, "Message for my Sponsor". Francisco's message to me was: Jesus loves you and so do I.

God is truly amazing and it is so incredible to me to see all of the ways in which he continues to work in my life day after day. The people that He has put into my life, the opportunities that have opened up for me as well the trials and tribulations that I have had to endure have all brought me closer to God and for that I am so very thankful.

Jesus loves you and so do I!

1 comments:

Amy L Brooke said...

That is so cool!

I'm still waiting for my first letter from Ambar -- The child they asked me to sponsor when Delia left the program. I cannot wait to hear from her.