Monday, May 19, 2008

Vanity Plates

How many of you, while driving, try to figure out what those personalized license plates mean?? How many of you could really care less what they mean?? Some drivers are simply too preoccupied with a cell phone conversation or are off in their "own little world" to even notice when a passing car has a vanity plate. Lately, I seem to be running across more and more cars with those license plates (makes for an interesting ride to and from work!). For the most part, I can figure out what the driver was thinking when he or she designed his or her very own "special" plate. Some are rather easy to figure out, while others may take a bit longer to figure out phonetically. I love it when I have that "A-HA" moment and realize what it is supposed to mean. On some licenses, it is the name of the happily married couple (JIMK8T, JONKIM). Others contain a favorite hobby or pasttime (SKIBUM, GOLFER). Still others list the name of a favorite sports team (PKRFAN, GATORS , GOCUBS). Some plates even list the car owner's personal attributes (CATLVR, SK8TER, DOGLVR).

It's frustrating to me when I cannot figure out what the creator intended when deciding what to put on the license plate. When I see a plate that I can't figure out I say to myself "That makes no sense!!!!" Why would someone put THAT on the license???"

What would you put on your plate??? I have often wondered what I would put on mine......KRAMER ????? BKLVR??? JHN316????? Maybe some day I'll do something "Wild-n-Crazy" and come up with my own "special" license plate....Stay tuned. You never know when I might step "out of the box" and do something a bit unconventional for this CAUTIOUS 1!

1 comments:

Kat said...

here was mine from a few years ago - john made me get rid of it

pre mdna

oh yeah, gotta love it.